Do you know what is the meaning of SALAD OH! INIT PA!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012


Are you familiar with this phrase, “Salad Oh! Init Pa!“? Or did you hear it from someone which directs the phrase to you? If yes, then you’re lucky enough.
Why? Then read on…
I always hear this phrase like everyday-from school to the streets, from malls to church-like everwhere! So, I was like thinking: “hmmmp…where did this phrase originates?” like “who coined this one?”. So, I searched and poof! I got the information just in hand.
Just recently, Ethel Bilbao (one of my colleagues in Lay-out Committee of United Arts and Sciences in Ateneo de Cagayan-Xavier University) asked me about the meaning of it and I was like, “Are you kidding me? Are you not familiar with what it connotes?” and she was like, “Yeah! seriously, I really don’t know about it though I heard it like a bunch of time”. So I was like: “Okay! here it goes…..”
A BRIEF HISTORY….
Salad Oh! Init pa! is a phrase originated from a vendor selling commercial fruit cocktails from Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. The vendor shouts the word, “Salad Oh!” which tells of his product-the fruit salad. Mostly, he uses it when he sell his products at Night Market and Night Cafe in Cagayan de Oro City. Later then, the word was being added by “Init pa!” (HOT) which is basically, the irony of it (it should be like “BUGNAW pa!” (COLD)). After which, it was used by one of the Disc Jock of an FM Station and was introduced to the people.
THE MEANING…
So, what does this phrase means?
Simple! It is a visayan phrase for “GORGEOUS and SEXY”.
Hard to imagine? well, just leave it that way. If you’re eager to know why the phrase stands for that, then compare it with this photo:

Don’t forget to say: “SALAD OH! INIT PA!” when you see a girl. ^_^
ADDED INFORMATION:
These are the famous phrases used by people in the Visayan region mostly in Northern Mindanao:
2010- Salad Oh! Init Pa!
2009-Bira kei nanganal
2008-Ga-gym ka part?
2007-Hubagang Ate Oi!
Source Link: salad-oh-init-pa


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

We Heart It

Subscribe