My Say About President Duterte SONA #TheSONAofManyFirsts #SONA2016Tuesday, July 26, 2016
|Credit to RAPPLER|
Duterte is the first Philippine President who hail from Mindanao, that broke a lot of protocols and highlight of events.
Let's have a list:
- First President to suggest to change the SONA in to a not FASHION GALORE DAY. No traditional donning long gowns and elegant Barong Tagalog or suits. All guests and attendees were required to wear BUSINESS ATTIRE.
- All are subject to pass through security check. VIP's or not are required to follow this protocol.
- The menu for SONA are all native dishes. VIP's will be served simple food, compare to PNoy's last SONA in 2015.
- For the first time, the militants are not rallying in protests, but rallying to support Duterte's Administration. They called it "Kilos-suporta"!
- First time that the Militants are allowed to rally near the Batasan Complex.
- First time that there is no streets barbed wires that divide the police and the rallyists.
- First President not following the script in the teleprompter.
LOOK: Mga militante, labis na ikinatuwa na nakatungtong sila sa Batasan Road ilang hakbang sa Batasan Complex. pic.twitter.com/Xb37oHil3C— DZBB Super Radyo (@dzbb) July 25, 2016
8. First time to see police and the militant's are together.
That after his SONA, he invited the militant's to come to Malacañan and have a talk with him, really like same thing happened last June 30, 2016, during his Inauguration as President of the Philippines.
Another first is that the three of the four
highest positions in the land today are all Mindanaoans - President Duterte is from Davao City, Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III from Cagayan de Oro City and the House Speaker Rep. Pantaleon Alvarez from Davao del Norte.
It's also the first time that a child of the former Senate President Aquilino "Nene" Pimentel Jr. served as Senate President in 2000-2001, also become a Senate President just like his father.
Rodrigo Duterte's advice to those who want to be President: Don't. It's all work and sleep everyday. @gmanews pic.twitter.com/kXXWw7ttYV— Cedric Castillo (@cedric_castillo) July 25, 2016
I am a Dabawenya. Born and raised here in Davao City. I grow up in a city from a cesspool of crime to a safe and cleaned Davao. My President may not be the kind of guy you expect. A Probinsyano that in his language, actions, and decisions would not be a decent to you, I think you probably know roughly what to expect from him.
The move to discipline ourselves and live in a safe and secure life. As promised, he will do his work as President, he will operates both national and local - we just need to cooperate with him!
His message of truth(transparency) would tie the entire nation, he will keep his word on giving us a CLEAN GOVERNMENT, same as what he did in his city - DAVAO CITY.