CJ CORONA: THE VERDICTTuesday, May 29, 2012
|photo from TWITPIC|
1. Senator Angara: .."given his experience in public law, the willful and deliberate omission of depends is a culpable violation of the constitution..."
2. Senator Arroyo: .."what started in the House of Representative is not an impeachment..."
3. Senator A. Cayetano: ..."all public officials should have the same standard of transparency and accountability..."
4. Senator P. Cayetano: ..."to follow a contrary view to the Code of Ethics would set a deadly precedent..." , .."Failure to declare $2.4M and P80M is not a minor inaccuracy..."
5. Senator M. Defensor: ..."the burden of proof is in the prosecution. I have adopted the standard of overwhelming preparedness of evidence..." , .."I am insulted by the way your minds run..."
6. Senator Drilon: ..."the question about declaring one's SALN goes into the heart of moral fitness to hold public office.."
7. Senator Escudero: ..."Simple na lang ang kailangang
desisyunan, hindi nga ba kailangan ideklara dahil sa
FCDU law? Hindi ko masasangayunan ang punong
mahistrado, hindi nagbabanggaan ang mga batas.
Kung ayaw magdeklara, huwag tumakbo [for public
office]. Kung naninilbihan sa pamahalaan, dapat
8. Senator Estrada: ..."I regret to say that I am not convinced because the Chief Justice is a learned man of law,..."